Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Flashbacks with Magic

As I was leaving work today I had a strange sense of déjà vu. I have a corner desk and I push the trashcan as far back as possible so I don't bump into it when I swivel around in my chair. I like to pull the trashcan out from under my desk so the custodians don't have a difficult time reaching for it when they come to empty it. This wasn't the first I'd done this but for some reason today was the day I had a flashback to my childhood.

The first few years living in the U.S. my dad was cleaning apartment buildings as well as office buildings. I would go with him on Saturday nights to this one office where I'd push my little brother around in a desk chair and see how fast he'd let me push him. Before the fun ensued I'd run around the office pulling out the trashcans from under the desks for my dad to come around and throw out whatever filled them. Today I had this tiny moment of, I'm not even sure what you call it exactly. It's not a coming full-circle feeling because I'm not the boss yet, I've got a ways to go, but that's what it felt like. A minuscule full-circle life sort of moment. It was magical.

Thanks for reading.

MUCH LOVE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment