Saturday, June 6, 2015

Transformation

Just about two weeks ago I wrapped up my international travels for 2015. I could not have looked more eager if I had tried. Two international trips to the opposite hemisphere, both to regions of the globe I have always dreamed of visiting - although every corner of the earth is on my list to visit, for real though who am I kidding.

Vietnam was mind-blowingly beautiful. I did not experience the culture shock I read about so much in my books (you people who have been traveling for years are probably laughing, laugh away, I"m a noob to this)! I've asked myself whether it is because I live in Los Angeles and we truly are the melting pot we boast ourselves to be, or because I have been going to these places in my head for so long I was already prepared for it. The latter sounds totally crazy I realize that, the first may be more likely at this point.

It is strange, but Vietnam felt like home. A country of poverty but with people who seem to be happy and are trudging on regardless. It felt a lot like Mexico, my first home. It could also just be the outsider's perspective with a romanticized view of life there, but people seemed happy. Hanoi was our main hub from which we traveled to several places, Tinh Ninh Binh (very first capital of Vietnam), Sappa (place with vertical rice paddies), and Ha Long Bay (bay with the iconic mountains). I've been putting together slideshows of my trips because I have way too many photos to share of my time there, so a compilation of my adventures to these far off lands is the most time efficient way to go about this. Disclaimer, I am in no way claiming professional expertise in the video making, this is simply to enable the sharing of my shenanigans.

I hope you enjoy the series, and here goes the first one!



Thanks so much for stopping by.

MUCH LOVE!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment